Monday, December 28, 2009

Where can I get rennet tablets, calcium chloride, and lypaze powder In Gwalior?

I wish to make mozzarella cheese at home all by myself, for this I need rennet tabs calcium chloride, citric acid and lypase power. The problem is..... I just donno in which kinna store I can buy all these ingredients :(. Where can I get rennet tablets, calcium chloride, and lypaze powder In Gwalior?
You could ask your local health food store. I'd stick to something easy like homemade Yogart first.





BTW; make sure the rennet isn't animal based. Where can I get rennet tablets, calcium chloride, and lypaze powder In Gwalior?
You're going to have a problem making mozzarella. It's made with whey, that's the ';water'; left from making ricotta. In place of rennet tabs/liquid which is hard to get and expensive you can use vinegar to make the ricotta. Google Cheesemaking and you'll find so much info it will boggle your mind. Have fun. BTW, find a wholesaler and buy what's called a ';Curd';. You cut the curd in 1 lb pieces. Put it in very hot water and with your hands, knead the curd until you feel it's tender and smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. A lot easier than doing it from scratch, and it's foolproof so you don't waste money. The hotter the water, the quicker the curd will become smooth, soft and elastic. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment