Monday, December 28, 2009

What is pressed powder used for?

Obviously It wont work as good for covering acne or redness as good as the bare escentuals foundation im using, so what is it used for? Maybe people with just a little redness? Or uneven skin tone? I never been sure on this.What is pressed powder used for?
Most people use powder foundation after foundation or concealer. It acts as a second layer to combat redness, it also helps with shine, as some liquid foundations (especially if you have oily skin), can leave you looking shiny, it helps to give a matte/shine-free finish. I find that when I wear powder over concealer and/or foundation it helps it to stay on much longer. Also when I am applying colour to my eye-lids, I put on a little liquid foundation first, then powder foundation, as this helps your eye-shadow to stay on longer and it also get rid of veins or redness within the eye area.


Hope this helped!What is pressed powder used for?
some liquid makeup gives a shininess to the skin. by putting a powder over it, the shininess is gone.
I use it to set my foundation. Makes it last much longer during the day. Plus it can be applied here and there thoughout the day to make your face look matte again and take away shine. So it is an essential really.
Some people apply it after putting on foundation to take away the shiney look that foundation sometimes gives (:
press powder is mostly used for taking away the ';shine'; look you may get throughout the day. a lot of people with oily skin use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment