Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am looking for kitchen canisters. 4 in total, flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar....?

I need inexpensive but cute. I want ones that say what each one is like a label. Anyone know where to find these?! =)I am looking for kitchen canisters. 4 in total, flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar....?
Why not make your own? You can find clear and colored apothecary jars, sometimes at the dollar stores, and just make a cute label to glue on or tie to a pretty ribbon around the neck. I even use old candle jars with the lids for different things in the kitchen and around the house. Very cheap...very good looking.I am looking for kitchen canisters. 4 in total, flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar....?
Good Luck---I've been around awhile, and I have NEVER seen canisters labeled for ';baking soda'; and ';baking powder';....generally those are things people keep in the cupboard....so I'm guessing your best bet will be to label them yourself, and get some kind of glass paint from a craft store to do it...


Rarely do I see canister sets labeled at all, with names of what you're 'supposed' to keep in there..I guess they figure everyone keeps something different...Like for me, keeping flour %26amp; sugar on the counter in a canister set attracts ants in the summer, so I keep them in plastic containers with tightly sealable lids in the cupboard, and my canisters have rice, beans and tea in them...


You might be able to find the labeled sets in a thrift store, I think that labeling thing was more common for goods produced awhile ago, but like I said, still doubt you'll find it saying 'baking soda %26amp; powder.'; Just find a set that matches your kitchen, and like I said, paint the words on yourself with paint for glass or ceramics, whatever the canisters are made of...some paint comes in a bottle where you can do the words without a paintbrush, just squeeze the paint out as you're writing....If you do paint on them, just hand wash them in cool water when you need to wash them (not in dishwasher or with hot water) and don't use a scrubber over the area where you painted.


Good Luck!
Try looking in Ikea .
Wal-Mart has a set that says





Flour, Sugar, Coffee, Tea...





I've never seen ones that say what you are looking for though,
Any dollar store, wal-mart, target ,k-mart, even the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment